Wednesday 29 October 2014

Roasted Tomato and Carrot pasta

 This is one pasta recipe which I can claim to be my own.This came about when I was trying to use up the vegetables before my weekly shop.Me and my children don't like the sourness that comes from using ready-made pasta sauces or tomatoes on their own which we buy in supermarket here in UK.when I went to Italy and tried the tomatoes that grow there it was a total revelation for me as they were so sweet and obviously pasta sauce made out of those tomatoes would taste entirely different if I tried making it here in UK.
I always try and mellow the sourness of tomatoes by adding milk or some other vegetable.But this version took it to an entirely different level by roasting the tomatoes as it turned them sweet too.

I haven't actually measured any of the ingredients here but I can tell you that the sauce you make out of these vegetables would serve a family of 4.

Ingredients

4 tomatoes
1 yellow pepper
2 carrots
3 cloves garlic
grated parmesan
Fusili pasta- 3 handfuls

Method

If you want to plan ahead to make life easier here is what I did. When I woke up on the morning and was getting myself and kids ready for the daily mill I chopped these vegetables and switched the oven on at 190 C and threw them in after a quick drizzile of olive oil.put the timer on for 40 minutes and forgot about it.switched it off after half hour and left them in the oven till the evening when I made the pasta.


After that it was easy peasy.
I put the fusili pasta in the boiling water with some salt and made the gravy in the time it takes to boil the pasta which is 10 minutes.
I used some beans out of freezer but you can use any vegetable of your choice or skip it even.

I whizzed up the roasted vegetables on the blender.



take some olive oil in a pan and add the garlic and vegetables and paste.I added some water from the pasta to the pan to give it the consistency it needed.


now drain the pasta and add it to the sauce.


here is when you can flavour it to your taste. Add salt and pepper or chilli flakes .
serve with grated Parmesan.


No comments:

Post a Comment