Friday 25 April 2014

Medical Student's Chocolate Brownie

Dear medical student,I am sorry if you ever come across my blog because I forgot your name.
This was given to me by a medical student who was shadowing me and I kept it safe and made it many times because it is the best and easiest Brownie recipe I have ever made.If I go to a restaurant and have a brownie for my dessert I keep comparing it to this recipe because not many meet my expectations.
I like my brownie to be soft and melting in the middle served warm with vanilla ice cream.
If I were making it to take to work I leave it few minutes longer in the oven so that I can cut it into even pieces.

Ingredients

175 grams Butter
175 grams dark chocolate(I prefer 70% cocoa solids)
125 grams self raising flour
350 grams dark muscavado sugar
4 eggs
85 grams hazel nuts

1. Melt butter and chocolate over low heat.

2. Mix flour,sugar,eggs in a bowl.
3.Add chocolate butter and nuts .Mix well.


4. Pour into brown tin lined with grease proof paper.

5. Bake for 40- 50 minutes at 180 c/gas mark 4

I used a 28 cm roasting tin for it as suggested by the medical student and I usually follow my baking recipes to the 'T' but you can use 23 cm cake tin I suppose.


Again baking time depends on whether you are using it for dessert or snack.I usually take it out when the tip of my skewer tip is still wet with chocolate mix .
Enjoy with a dollop of vanilla ice cream/whipped cream


No comments:

Post a Comment