Sunday 27 April 2014

Soft and Chewy Cookies

I have burnt my hands and some cookies in the look out for perfect soft chewy cookies like my favourite ones I buy from Millie's cookies/Subway white chocolate and macademia nut cookies.
There was always something missing,they were either too crisp/not thick enough/too sweet.
But this recipe works best and my friends can vouch for it who devoured the entire batch in one evening.

Next time I plan to experiment and make some variations of this .I may add some nuts or just white chocolate or mixture of everything.


Ingredients

170 g unsalted butter
100 g granulated brown sugar
50 g dark brown muscavado sugar
50 g granulated white sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
250 g plain flour
2 table spoons corn flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
225 g chocolate chips or something like it in weight ( mixture of chocolate and nuts).

make sure eggs and butter are at room temperature.
 Method

1. In a large bowl add the butter and mix it with electric mixer until smooth and pale.

2. add the sugar mixture and beat again until smooth and fluffy.
3.Mix in the egg and vanilla.

4.In a separate bowl add all the dry ingredients - flour,corn flour,baking soda and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
6.Add the chocolate chips and mix in. I added  a bit of chocolate chips and part of white chocolate and milk chocolate blocks which weighed 225 g altogether as in my house nothing lasts long and I can't save them from myself and my children.

7.It makes a soft dough and you need to chill it in fridge at least 1 hour to get the right results.


8.Remove the cookie dough from fridge and leave it at room temperature for 10 minutes.it will be crumbly but don't worry .Take a big table spoon amounts into hands and make into balls.

9.pre heat oven to 180 degrees.Line baking tray with parchment paper and I lightly pressed the balls once transferred and bake for 7-9 minutes.

10.Don't touch them when they come out as they will be puffy and soft.Leave them for 5 minutes and they will come to the right consistency you want.




No comments:

Post a Comment